RULES FOR HAW SPRING TWILIGHT
- Mixed teams are to be made up of no more than 5 male field players at any given time (unless agreed by captains prior to start of game). A male player is any male, regardless of experience who is 14 or older at the time of the competition
- Games are 25 minutes halves with a 5 minute half time
- Games are to start on time. Games that are scheduled for 5.30, 6.30 & 7.30 are to finish at 6.25, 7.25 and 8.25 regardless of the time they start and any delays injuries during the game
- Each team is rostered to provide two umpires either the game before them or the game after them four times during the season
- If your team has to forfeit, you must contact the opposition team as early as possible before the game. If you forfeit and have an umpire duty for that evening, you still must umpire (or organise one).
- The teams on the last game are responsible for ensuring that the lights are turned off and the scoreboard controllers are way
- Teams will be charged a penalty of $25 for each game they do not umpire without consultation and agreement by the teams playing.
- If teams agree to self-umpire and advise the umpiring team of this there is no charge
- The team entry fee is for the competition so must be paid even if there is a forfeit
- All juniors (U18) must wear a mouthguard and shin pads to take the field
- All players must be registered with Hockey Victoria for insurance
- NO glass is to be brought into the grounds.
- All players and spectators are to remember that we are a Good Sports organisation and behave accordingly
ALL COVID PROTOCOLS MUST BE ADHERED TO. OFFENDERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE TO COMPETE
- Team Captains are responsible for ensuring the protocols are met. See document below
NOTES FOR PLAYERS AND UMPIRES
- Competition to be played in a social spirit as there are varying age and ability groups. As such, there are to be no:
- tomahawks, overheads, or airborne balls
- big hits into the circle or at goals
- big hits towards younger or inexperienced players
- If a team has no goalie then any short corner awarded to their opposition will be taken as a long corner