Twilight will run weekly at the Albury Hockey Centre on Tuesday Nights starting on 26 October 2021 and finishing on 14 December 2021. Fixture times will depend on number of teams entered.
The NSW Government has confirmed that at this stage only full vaccinated people (16 years and older) can participate in community sport as stated in the Public Health Order. It is a condition of entry to the HAW grounds that all players/spectators etc who are 16 years and older must show proof of their vaccination status.
The Nomination Form is at the bottom of this page and is due by 5pm on Thursday 21 October 2021. Any issues please contact the HAW office.
Rules for HAW Spring Twilight
- Games are 25 minutes halves with a 5 minute half time
- Games are to start on time. Games are to finish 55 mins after their scheduled start time regardless of the time they start and any delays during the game
- Teams must be prepared to play/umpire games starting at 5.30, 6.30, 7.30 or 8.30
- Each team is rostered to provide two umpires either the game before them or the game after them four times during the season
- Mixed teams are to have no more than 5 male players on the field at any given time. A male player is any male, regardless of experience who is 14 or older. This can be varied by the agreement of both team captains providing each team has the same number of males
- Competition to be played in a social spirit as there are varying age and ability groups. As such, there are to be no tomahawks, overheads or airborne balls. Experienced players (those who have played hockey for a season and are 14 or older) are to slap hit or push the ball – no hitting
- If a team has no goalie then any short corners awarded will be taken as a long corner
- If your team must forfeit, you must contact the opposition team as early as possible before the game. If you forfeit and have an umpire duty for that evening, you still must umpire (or organise one).
- Changes to the time or location of the game can only take place with agreement of both teams
- The team playing the last game on a field is responsible for turning off the lights & scoreboard and put the scoreboard controller away on that field
- The team entry fee is for the competition so must be paid even if there is a forfeit
- All juniors (U18) must wear a mouthguard and shin pads to take the field
- All players must be registered with Hockey Victoria for insurance
- NO glass is to be brought into the grounds & no alcohol is to be consumed during games
- All players and spectators are to remember that we are a Good Sports organisation and behave accordingly
ALL COVID PROTOCOLS MUST BE ADHERED TO. OFFENDERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE TO COMPETE. Team Captains are responsible for ensuring the protocols are met. See document below
Entry fee per team is $584.00 total / $73 per week. There will be no charge for any games cancelled due to CoVid restrictions.