posted on October 05, 2021 00:18
Congratulations to the winners of the HAW awards this year
- MAC Award (Motivation, Achievement & Contribution) - Don Cullen, Wodonga
- Most Promising Goal Keeper - Patrick Baine, Wombats
- Junior Umpire Award - Eliza Brown, Wodonga
Best & Fairest for all divisions.
- Division 1 Men - Noah Erdeljac, Magpies
- Division 1 Women - Jess Madden, Falcons
- Division 2 Men - Ned McCarron, Magpies
- Division 2 Women - Madeline Poulton, Norths
- Division 3 Men - Craig Pontt, Wodonga
- Division 3 Women - Bella Green, United
- Masters Women - Linda Sumbler, Norths
- U17 Boys - Campbell Cull, United
- U17 Girls - Bella Heagney, United
- U14 Boys - Tate Bevan, Wodonga & Alex Pearce, Magpies (joint)
- U14 Girls - Amilie Griffin, Wangaratta
- U12 Boys - Eli Semple, Phantoms (Wombats)
- U12 Girls - Gemma Paterson, Falcons
Points tallies are in the attached documents
posted on October 03, 2021 22:25
Our Awards are being announced on FaceBook on 4 October, here
Points tallies will be released on the HAW web on Thursday 7 October.
posted on October 03, 2021 22:17
As we have not played finals this year our Premierships are awarded to our Minor Premiers for the year
- United - Division 1 Mens Minor Premiers
- Falcons - Division 1 Womens Minor Premiers
- United - Division 2 Mens Minor Premiers
- Falcons - Division 2 Womens Minor Premiers
- Norths - Division 3 Mens Minor Premiers
- Norths - Division 3 Womens Minor Premiers
- Wodonga - U17 Boys Minor Premiers
- Wodonga White & Wombats - Joint U17 Girls Minor Premiers
- Wodonga - U14 Boys Minor Premiers
- Wombats-Scots - U14 Girls Minor Premiers
- United - U12 Boys Minor Premiers
- Norths-Magpies - U12 Girls Minor Premiers
- Norths - Master Womens Minor Premiers.
Final ladders for the 2021 season (equalised points as per the HAW by-laws) are attached
posted on September 15, 2021 23:29
Post discussions at the 2020 AGM on HAW Affiliation for 2022, a committee was formed and has during the course of this year collected information and made a recommendation to the Board.
An information night will be held for all members/players/supporters on Monday September 27 at the Albury clubrooms at 6.30pm.
There will be a Special General Meeting on Monday October 11, also at 6.30pm, at the Albury clubrooms to vote on Affiliation for 2022.
For more information on the offer from each Peak Body or how to attend via Zoom, please contact your club.
posted on September 09, 2021 23:43
With the Victorian restrictions, the border crossing requirements and finally the NSW government announcing that community sport will not happen until NSW hits the 80 per cent double dose vaccination target, we can confirm that the Hockey Albury Wodonga Season is cancelled. This is very unfortunate considering the work and effort that has gone into season 2021, and how much of the season was actually completed.
Minor Premierships are to be awarded in recognition of the significant amount of the season that was able to be played. Individual awards will still be presented.
We acknowledge the effort of all our member clubs and their committees who have worked hard during this interrupted season.
posted on September 01, 2021 03:40
Twilight will be run weekly at the Albury Hockey Centre on Tuesday Nights starting on 26 October 2021 and finishing on 14 December 2021.
Nominations are open and will close on Thursday 21 October 2021 .
If you are an individual and do not have a team, please let the office know and we will put you in touch with a team who needs players.
The NSW Government has confirmed that at this stage only full vaccinated people (16 years and older) can participate in community sport as stated in the Public Health Order. It is a condition of entry to the HAW grounds that all players/spectators etc who are 16 years and older must show proof of their vaccination status.
Note that there will be no charge for any games cancelled due to CoVid restrictions.
For further information and Nomination Form click here
posted on August 19, 2021 02:19
With the NSW & Victorian lock downs (stay at home), Hockey Albury Wodonga junior, senior & masters scheduled competitions will not resume until further notice. Further announcements will be sent to clubs and put on the HAW FaceBook page.
posted on August 05, 2021 06:25
With the Victorian snap lock down, this weekends Hockey Albury Wodonga junior, senior & masters competition scheduled for 6th-12th of August will not proceed as planned. Further announcements will be sent to clubs..
Training can proceed in NSW for NSW residents.
posted on July 27, 2021 06:43
From midnight 27 July 2021 we can play/train. Forr us to continue to play we MUST abide by the rules.
- All who enter our grounds MUST check in
- Masks must be worn (unless you have a medical exemption). You can remove your mask when you go on the field if you are a participant/umpire. Coaches/managers and any other person at the ground must keep their mask on at all times
VICTORIA - GAMES & TRAINING
- We can play/train in Victoria but are limited to minimum number of people required to participate in and facilitate the activity (i.e. players, coaches)
- There can be NO spectators. This doesn’t include people necessary for the events such as managers, coaches or umpires. Children under the age of 16 can have one carer, parent or guardian.
NEW SOUTH WALES - GAMES & TRAINING
- We can play/train in NSW
- There can be spectators but they are capped at 1 person per four square metres
posted on July 20, 2021 01:45
With the extension of Victorian lock down for another week, this weekends Hockey Albury Wodonga junior, senior & masters competition scheduled for 23rd, 24th, 25th and 26th of July will be CANCELLED.
These games will not be rescheduled, will not be counted in anyway shape or form.
Further to this
- Capital league are able to play this weekend in Albury with NSW residents as players,
- Training can proceed in NSW for NSW residents,
- Any member of a Victorian club who lives in NSW and wishes to access the fields for some training can come down on Thursday night on AHC2 from 5pm